Saturday, August 20

When God Say Too Much is Too Much

August 20th, 2005. For the last few weeks, it looked as though today
would be the busiest day of the year for me. It started with a wedding
invitation from Jeff and Elizabeth. But due to poor scheduling, I also
committed to helping out with Habitat for Humanity in the morning to
help build a house (something I really wanted to do for a long time).
Last, but not least, the Church Ministry Council meeting was schedule
for this afternoon, where my attendance is mandatory.



As the day approached, I had it all planned out. H4H in the
morning, 3:30pm EMC and CMC meetings, and 7:00pm wedding reception.
Everything seem to fit together. That was my plan... but apparently
that's not what God have in mind. Monday night was a hint of what to
come, starting with a nasty sore throat. To a point that I could not
speak on Tuesday. I thought all was well by Wednesday. But by Thursday,
came the fever. I know I needed rest during the all day Caring Ministry
meeting on Thursday, but I was too focused on the task at hand. I was
bedridden Friday, but stubborn old me still made the trek outside to
meet with Mike Jr. in the evening. It turned out to be an awesome
discussion, Mike and I bouncing ideas back and forth for English
Ministry. Thank God for the widsom, for ideas for the English Ministry.
I was really excited coming out of the discussion.



But what it meant for today is that I know I will not have the
strength to have such a busy day. H4H is out of the question. In my
current condition, it will be dangerous for me to be on the work site.
So I decided to notify Bill first thing in the morning and return to
bed. Oh, what a horrible night of sleep, tossing and turning, fever,
stuffy nose and coughing. I did not get the rest I wanted. That would
be staying up late for the wedding would be out of the question too.
The leaves the EMC & CMC meeting. There's no way I am going to miss
those meetings.


I know God will give me strength in the meetings. Thank you, Lord, for protecting me from being burnt out.



However, there is one thing that bothered me today. A member of the
English Ministry Council called and ask for premission to be absent for
the EMC. I will not disclose the reason but I thought in my current
condition I still make it an effort to come to the meeting. This small
thing made me angry. I am not angry toward that individual (so please
don't be offended if you read this), but I am angry at myself in my
inability to lead this group of awesome servants. Angry at myself for
my inability to make the meetings, their service meaningful.


This will be something I will ponder thoughout the day. Lord, please teach me the lesson I need to learn.

No comments: