I woke up to a weird dream today. In fact, it has been a long time
since I remember my last dream. I must thank God for the peaceful sleep
recently, so restful that I just remember falling asleep and waking
fresh the next morning.
When I woke up this morning, I noticed I was really tensed. So
tensed that I clinched and curled into a ball. I woke up from a dream
where Angie, another little girl and I was hiding in a van in attempt
to escape from a group of people trying to capture us. Angie and the
little girl was hiding underneath a blanket on the middle row of seats,
I was hiding in the gap between the running boards and the sliding door
of the van. When we arrived at the inspection point, my heart was
racing. And as soon as we slowly pulled away, I woke myself up to
prevent the dream from making a turn for the worst.
When I woke up, I was clinched into a ball, covered with cold
sweat. But as soon as I realized I am safe in the comfort of my own
bed, I relaxed. I could feel my whole body relax and all the tension
that had built up disappeared. It was an incredible feeling of freedom.
I just lay there in the early morning enjoying the feeling of being
free.
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in
Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of
life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the
law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,
God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a
sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,"
~Rom 8:1-3
"Verse 1:
who will free me from this body of death
who will ransom my heart and give me life
who will set my feet upon a hope
that will not fade away
Verse 2:
you have broken the chains on me
you have silenced condemnation's song
and you set my feet upon a hope
that will not fade away
Chorus:
Glory to God who gave his son
Glory to God the victory's won
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
I am free
Glory to God who bore my shame
Glory to God exalt his name
Hallelujah, hallelujah
I am free
Bridge:
there is no condemnation
there is no condemnation
those who are in Christ
we are free"
~Free by Todd Fields
No comments:
Post a Comment