
Some must have wondered why did I change my MSN name from Joel the Barnacle to Joel the Footnote.
From www.dictionary.com:
foot·note [foot-noht] Pronunciation Key noun, verb, -not·ed, -not·ing. –noun
| 1. | an explanatory or documenting note or comment at the bottom of a page, referring to a specific part of the text on the page. |
| 2. | a minor or tangential comment or event added or subordinated to a main statement or more important event. |
| 3. | to add a footnote or footnotes to (a text, statement, etc.); annotate: to footnote a dissertation. |
Learning from the experience in Urbana, coming back home to be a mobilizer to my congregation. I want the Lord to do great works through the members of my congregation.
He must become greater; I must become less.
~John 3:30
As I am call to disciple God's servants, I don't want them to me like me. Through my ministry, I want my congregation to become like God. I just want to be a minor or tangential comment or event added or subordinated to a main statement or more important event. That more import event is God's story unfolding in their lives. So that I will be forgotten as a mere footnote while the Gospel is glorified.
1 comment:
oh joel, too late, i have no doubt you're more than a footnote already...
Post a Comment