Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.I must admit in my ministry there are times that I just want to step back and lay-low. For example, at Urbana, I wanted to room with people outside from my church. For one week, I did not want to be a leader. For one week, I just want to be like the common denominator. For one week, I just want to be like everyone else... But I soon realized, Urbana is not the only time I felt this way. Many times on Friday night I have a similar feeling...
~Rom 12:1
Reflecting on Dave Overholt's lecture yesterday, ministry is not about me. It is about God who wants to use me. I think my old high tech full-time mentality has gotta the best of me. Yes, I am called into full-time ministry. This does not mean that I put in my 40, 50, or even 80 hours a week and that's full-time ministry. Full-time ministry in the Lord is a 24/7 calling. Whether I like it or not, it's not about me. Yes, there are time to step away and rest, but it is my attitude the needs to change.
"Offer your bodies as living sacrifices." Merely putting in 40 hours a week is not a sacrifice. It is just doing what's "convenient" for me. If my attitude were to change, I need to treat everything I do as ministry.
It is not about me.
No comments:
Post a Comment