Now as my life mainly revolves around seminary, the church and ministry, I always feared about losing touch with the secular world. I often asked myself, who are my non-Christian friends?
Who am I going to witness to when I have no contact with my non-Christian friends? The key to "friendship evangelism" is "friends". But am I so focused on friends that I'm treating friendship evangelism as the "silver bullet" of evangelism?
And is purposely making friends for the sole purpose of evangelism doing justice to that particle individual? When happens when that individual accepts Christ? Do I move on to another friend? NO! That's not how love your neighbours mean.
What should I do? I have given much though about the past few months and what Darren deGraf of BCOQ said during lecture today rings closely to the thoughts in my mind. Be intentionally Relational. Start a routine, and meet acquaintances and witness to them...
This echoes what Rev. Lau has been saying all along: "Be informal yet intentional."
No comments:
Post a Comment