Tuesday, July 25

Word of God Speak

Word of God Speak
by Mercy Me
I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[CHORUS]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay



Sometimes we say we cannot hear God, or we say He's not speaking. This is one of the most comment question I get from my congregation: "How do you know what God is saying?" Sometimes you cannot hear Him because you are talking. The last thing I need is to be heard / But to hear what You would say" In other times, God IS not speaking. Why is that? Because He knows you have heard Him in the first place, He's just waiting for you to take action and obey.

I realized this through my study of Abraham. As Abraham and Isaac are walking toward the region of Moriah, for three days God did not speak. What most have gone through Abraham's mind. Please God, speak. Tell me you will provide you own offering and I would not have to sacrifice by beloved son. It must have been the longest 3 days in Abraham's life... yet what did he do? He just kept on doing what God last told him to do. "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about." (Gen 22:3)

When God does not speak, it does not mean He's not there. "To be still and know /That You're in this place / Please let me stay and rest / In Your holiness"He wants you to keep doing what He last told you to do. Obey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.