How faithless I am?
When we arrive at the Urban Promise project with the youth group, turning a run down plaza into an oasis for underprivilage church, I took one look at the moldy basement as said to myself that we will not even make a scratch in the clean up of the basement. Yes, we might be able to finish painting the kitchen, but the basement, cleaning up all the crap (moldy garbage/drywall/tiles), no way.
Oh how wrong I am. On comes the dust mask and glove. 30 kids. Single file up along the stairs. Passing baskets and baskets of crap up the stairs. And we were all laughing while we laboured in the dust/mold filled basement. It was amazing. 2.5 hours later, we complete demolished the basement and sweeped the place up. In a mere 2.5 hours, we must have saved Pastor Clarke at least 3 days of clean up.
Wow.
It is amazing when God put little people to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment