Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
We are call to be different, do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world. As salt and light, we are to me different. We are not of this world. But what I am beginning re realize is that in being differing, we are also called to be the same. To be the same as the image of God. The image we are created to be, but tinted with the sins in us. To be holy. That's the ultimate calling from God.
Leviticus 11:44a I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves about on the ground. 45 I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy.
Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. To be holy because God is holy. Different from this world, be to be the same as Jesus.
"What thing place is calling me to be is -- the same, and more of the same. The same as the monks, the same as the saints, the same as Jesus, the same as the heavenly Father."
~Henri J.M. Nouwen, The Genesee Diary (pg 66)
No comments:
Post a Comment