Wednesday, June 26

Black Sludge

As I am enjoying my morning coffee in the office, I cannot help but stare at the bottom the my cup and wonder: "How can this black sludge be so delicious and energizing?" On the bottom of the french press is a mass of wet, black gunk that I'll eventually toss into the garden. But out of this black mess out comes a cup of goodness I crave for almost every morning. (I still refuse to admit that I am addicted to coffee because I can do without it but it is nice to have a cup to get my day started while I settle into work).

Out of crap comes goodness and purpose. Same with our lives, out of our failures, brokenness and weaknesses comes a God's masterpiece. Because the master artist is also a God who redeems.

However, I'll probably need a better illustration than a french press. We should not to push these brokenness, failures and weaknesses to the bottom. We need to dig them up so that healing can begin. Yes, we need to scoop them out and toss them into the garden so that new life can be sprung.

No comments: