
This term, I have designated Thursday as my Sabbath. A day for rest. A day to build connections. A day to connect with God, with myself, and with others brothers and sisters.
Yesterday, I had the joy of having lunch with Patrick and John Baik at Duff wings. Mmmm... After lunch, Baik and I headed downtown to pick up a photocopier.
A photocopier?
On Wednesday, I saw on Craig's List that a law firm is giving away a 5 years old Xerox 5855C copier. So immediately I jumped on the opportunity and arranged for the pickup today. During dinner on Wednesday night, I asked mom if any church organization needs a photocopier? She said perfect, 多倫多短宣中心 Toronto Chinese Christian Short Term Mission Training Centre needs a photocopier. Apparently I found out yesterday that the copier they have right now only makes about 10 copiers per day before overheating.
So Baik and I arrived at the law firm... only to find out that copier was larger than I though because of the additional modules. I made quick work and removed the paper sorter, but the paper loader was more of and hassle. It was on rails attached to the body of the copier by 4 screws. I had my trusty Swiss Army key chain knife was able remove 2 of the 4 screws. I needed longer screwdriver to remove the rest. Baik and I thought, let's wheel the unit down to the car and we'll see what we can do.
At the car, I soon realized I have to remover the paper loader. So out of options, I looked in to the spare tire wheel well of my car. I opened the bag containing the tire iron and to my surprised, there was a screw driver! I shouted "Praise God" and Baik and I cheered in the middle of the busy street in downtown tomorrow.
We loaded the copier into my car, thank God for the hatchback. I had to remove the front cover of the copier but the copier JUST fits through the hatch... seriously, no more than 5 cm leeway on each side and the top. Praise God.
I paper sorter fit perfectly in front of the copier and the paper loader sit snuggly on Baik's lap. I could not see out the back of my car, and I had to lean forward to see out of the right side of my car. So I kept the blinkers on and drove on the right lane all the way back uptown.
All in all, the was filled with joy as I delivered the copier to TCSTMTC. I know I could have sold the copier and toner and made a good sum of money, but giving to God's ministry in need was so much more rewarding. $8 downtown parking, several scratches on my car and 2 1/2 hours of labour later, I arrived at TCSTMTC. Dad arrived shortly after work to help. However, we could not get the main unit up the stairs to the Training Centre so a piano mover will arrive today to take the copier upstairs.
Director Yu of TCSTMTC commented how much faith I had to go and get the copier, and we are all excited how God provided.
Thank you, Lord, for gracing us with your presence.
No comments:
Post a Comment