Sunday, March 4

The Storehouse of His Bounty

The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
~Deut 28:12


http://www.thestar.com/News/article/187986

After reading this Toronto Star article, I was really upset. The story of Ananias and Sapphira from Acts 5:1-11 came into mind. No, I do not wish the individuals in the above article to drop dead for that judgment ultimately belongs to God. But in the mist of the followers sharing the things they have for body of Christ, how shall we handle the leaders who are misusing God's resources for their own benefits. Yes, in Deut. 28:12 it did say that The LORD will open the heavens to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. But I guess these leaders forgot the second part of this passage, that they will lend to many nations and advance God's mission.

But I'll first remove the plank from eye. Lord, let me be responsible for the resources you have graciously provided for my. My I be diligent in how I use these resources and be of good steward.

No comments: