Wow, what a long day, of just straight chatting. Today, I met up with Raymond for lunch, excited to find out how was his job interview in the morning. And through lunch, I shared with him my vision of the "Production" Team for church and his involvement on the team. We had such a good time bouncing ideas between each other in regards of the Production Team and also had the opportunity to show him around my office. We had such a good chat and before we know it, it was 6:00pm and Alice arrived for her appointment.
With Alice here, I realized that we have a representative from Worship, Caring and Outreach present. So I decided to bounce some ideas off both of them. One thing I felt is that because I've been behind the desk of the A/V table for so long, I felt so disconnected from the front line. Surely I cannot lead the team from the back.
So I toss out a question to Alice and Raymond, "As a newcomer to our church, what would you see?" And "what will attract you to stay with us for worship?"
-the people inside
-atmosphere (worship, spiritual)
-welcomed
-not too intimating
Back to the basics, what do newcomer look for? And how do we cater to them.
All in all, we chatted till 11:30 in the evening, wrapping up one for the most productive day I ever had.
With Alice here, I realized that we have a representative from Worship, Caring and Outreach present. So I decided to bounce some ideas off both of them. One thing I felt is that because I've been behind the desk of the A/V table for so long, I felt so disconnected from the front line. Surely I cannot lead the team from the back.
So I toss out a question to Alice and Raymond, "As a newcomer to our church, what would you see?" And "what will attract you to stay with us for worship?"
-the people inside
-atmosphere (worship, spiritual)
-welcomed
-not too intimating
Back to the basics, what do newcomer look for? And how do we cater to them.
All in all, we chatted till 11:30 in the evening, wrapping up one for the most productive day I ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment