Saturday, January 1

2005: A Year of Service

Happy New Year to all!!!

As I reflect on 2004 yesterday, I've been trying to pin point what I expect of 2005. OR should I rephrase to what God expects of me in 2005.

Through the last two weeks, I felt the lessons God was teaching me shifted from building up my faith to leadership. Though I know there are still a lot for room for personal growth, it is as though God is telling me to step up and get ready for Service.

If I had a choice, I would love to continue to hide under God's wings, learn from Him and drink from His cup. However, there is a mission field out there.

As I look around me in this New Year morning in Buffalo, surrounded by the English young career support group: Alice, Theresa, and Raymond. They are the pillars of the new English congregation. Each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Lord, are You calling me to lead this group? Of course, that was Your calling for me to pack up everything in Ottawa and come back to Toronto. Lord, part of me, I am scared. But Lord, You are the captain, I know I'm just the helmsmen. You chart the course, I just follow Your order and steer the ship. You are the source of wisdom; wisdom to put the right men in the right place.

As Alice had once confessed to me, she don't know how long I will be around. One day, God will call me to another post. But until then, York LBC is my mission, and it will continue to be my Service until my purpose is fulfilled.

Lord, in the year 2005, use me fully in York LBC. Teach me the keys of a humble leader. This is not my team, Lord, but it's Your's. Keep me close to You, so that I would know which way You want me to steer this ship.

No comments: