Tuesday, June 14

A Spectacular Ride - Thank You!!!

Thank you so much for all you love, support, prayers, encouragements and generous donations toward the Ride to Conquer over the past weekend. Total of 4610 raised a Canadian record of $17.5 million for Princess Margaret for cancer research. This would not have been possible without you.

Over the weekend we were blessed with beautiful riding weather. Praise the Lord for holding the rain back. Jenny and I even got a sunburn during the ride. The ride came with its share of challenges - the rolling hills and the climb up to Niagara Escapement on Sideroad 1 in Burlington just before lunch on Day 1 proved to be taxing. However, praise God for strength and a second wind up the more grueling 4km climb up Hamilton Mountain. Jenny also found strength up the climbs, however it was her hay fever on Day 2 that made her ride difficult. I am proud of Jenny for fighting through her constant runny nose and clogged sinuses. All in all, what we endured is nothing compared to the families who had to face cancer. Thanks again for all your support as you were the wind behind our backs as we rode.

Attached is a video highlight of the ride this year. I look forward to partner with you all again next year, I even encourage you to consider sharing the road together on the Ride next year.


http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/joel


Blessings,
Joel

No comments: