Wednesday, December 1

Rest cannot be banked

Two weeks of high pace work, and all of a sudden, yesterday I crashed.  Flu.  Fever.  Body aches. 

Two days of sleep later... all better.

When will I learn?  Messing with the rhythm God design since creation.  I must confess, I wanted to be a bad boy.  I knew I had vacation coming up next week.  I knew I had many things to take care of before I leave for vacation: I had Habitat for Humanity details to handle, Kin Village Children Christmas Party to arrange, one more sermon to prepare through video recording... I even had several pastors and lay-leaders lined up to record for the video sermon... so I thought I could cheat on Monday and get a jump start on work... but God holds up the STOP sign.  Flu. 


Everything got put on hold.  While in bed with a fever, I resolved to scratch the video sermon idea, canceled all the interviews with the other pastors and lay-leaders.  Losing two day of planning and recording, no time to record the interviews and city stock footage I needed. 

H4H and Kin Village planning was put on hold till today.  But with a extremely productive day, I had everything completed.  Praise the Lord.

God created the universe in 6 days, and rested on the 7th.  That's the rhythm of life.  You cannot cheat the Sabbath.  You cannot bank rest.  Funny, I just told a good pastor brother to take the Monday rest even after his vacation, and I in turn tried cheat Sabbath with a reasoning that my own vacation is coming up... silly me.  Thank God for smacking me down with the flu.

No comments: