Friday, May 4

Lunch with the big guys

Another jam packed day, another productive day. This week has been crazy! I never knew there so much to do during the summer "break". Monday was a nice Sabbath. Tuesday, dim sum lunch with grandma. Wednesday, worked all day, meeting after dinner and tutor. Today, graduation rehearsal, work at church, and tutor.

The highlight of the day was surely lunch. Lunch with Kaarina, the dean of student life, Nelly, admin of Hudson Taylor Centre, Doreen, executive assistant to the provost, and provost Dr. Earl Davey. Lunch with the provost was intense. I had to be on my best behaviour. :P But from him, I learn so much about how upper levels of Tyndale runs.

Because of the parties present during lunch, at one point I felt that pulled in many directions. When they asked me what was my plans for the coming year, whether or not I'll be serving at the student council, I replied no and Kaarina gave me a frown. Then I suddenly felt the tension with when Nelly's eyes when with the prospect to recruit me to the Chinese student council. LOL. Oh, the fun of ministry. In the end I made my point clear that I wanted to focus on my congregation. But I'll still lend my helping hand to both council occasionally.

The most encouraging part of lunch was when Doreen asked about my trip to Vancouver in July, she asked me if I have family there. I said no but Kaarina jumped in and said "Not yet". Then Earl started sharing his experience when he was a missionary in Indonesia that the culture always uses the phrase "not yet". So much hope, I like it.

It turns out that Earl also have a passion for photography. Oh, we will have so much to talk about. :)

No comments: