Thursday, May 3

Leaving on a Jet Plane (Jenny's China edition)

Flight: CA 992 (Air China)
Depart: Vancouver International Apt 3 May 13:00
Arrive: Beijing Capital Apt 4 May 15:00
Aircraft: 767 Stops: Non-Stop

Travel Time: 11hrs

Jenny is on the plane on the way to China as we speak. In another 10 hours, her team will arrive in Beijing, China. To be honest, I do not know exactly how I feel right now. Don't get me wrong, I am SO proud of her and SO excited for what God has to teach her. But bottom line, I do miss her. I have sent her off last Sunday and she had a 4 days long orientation with her team, so we only had minimal email contact over the past few days.

I believe this time alone is very good. You may think I sound ridiculous because I only see her twice a year anyways, and more time "apart" is good? LOL. To be honest, yeah! This gives me the time to think, reflect and pray about our relationship. Meanwhile it gives me the time to focus on my task here at home.

It is funny that exactly 11 months ago, the roles were reversed. Jenny and I were in Hong Kong, and I left Hong Kong for Bangkok and not knowing when I'll see her again. Oh, and look at how our relationship grow during our time apart. I was able to do when God planned for my on my mission trip, and Jenny was able to witness to her family in Hong Kong and China. We kept in contact through letters and blogs.

I am so proud of her. I know God is shaping her into the beautiful, young lady He had in His mind. And I cannot wait to meet this masterpiece of God when she returns. And the best part is that I'll get to see her in July. What else can I ask for? I am so blessed. God has already spoken to me in volumes over the past days, I am waiting with high expectations on what God has in store.http://jenny-chinagp07.blogspot.com/
Pray for the safety of their flight, and for rest and jet lag recovery. Also pray for strength in the Lord, and for the spiritual attacks. Susie Colby (the wife of one of the staff leader) has already fallen ill and had to miss the 4 days orientation.

God speed, Jenny, and serve him well.

No comments: