Saturday, September 2

Connect

When two people connect, when their beings intersect as closely as two bodies during intercourse, something is poured out of one and into the other that has the power to heal the soul of its deepest wounds and restore it to health. The one who receives experience the joy of being healed. The one who gives knows the even greater joy of being used to heal. Something good is in the heart of each God's children that is more powerful than anything bad. It's there, waiting to be released, to work its magic. But it rarely happens.
~Larry Crabb, Connecting

Currently Reading:
Connecting
by Larry Crabb
That was how I felt over breakfast with Patrick yesterday, and while during the brief MSN chat with Candy. And as I looked back at those conversations, I can see that is what I'll be doing as a pastor, to heal the wounds of souls. I look forward to this season in life as I learn to connect with those around me.

A few other notes:
  1. Fall kick-off meeting with the student council at Kaarina's house today, I'm excited
  2. Battle wounds from the summer. My back is still infected from a scratch I got from a child climbing on me at the Arts and Sports Camp... it is itchy and it is the size of a fist now. Pray that it will heal soon. Also still suffering from a slight flu for the past 2 weeks.
  3. My physical report is in, will go see it something next week.
  4. Spent my morning under my car, changed the oil and ready for the new Fall term. :)

No comments: