Friday, March 3

Waiting in Him – Shadows Proves the Sunshine

It was worth the wait, and I am still waiting. I went back outside, climbed up into the tree again. Sitting on the tree branch, with the river rushing by underneath me, there was stillness. My thoughts return to the struggles of this world, and how we are called to struggle for His sake. A whisper echoed in my head, “Joel, I know your struggles. And I have been with you in your struggles. I promise you this, there will be many more challenges and struggles to come, but above all else, I promise I will be with you through all these struggles.” As I opened my eyes, to seal His promise, the setting sun broke through the clouds and shone onto the riverside.

Glimpses of Cambodia flashed through my mind; the “Killing Fields” in the 1970’s, the persecutions and the oppressions. Yet, a nation in much need of God’s love. A nation with 10 million in population, but only about 10,000 Christians. Is that you calling, Lord? I must admit, I am falling in love – Falling in love with the nation of Cambodia. Though I might be going there with OMF this coming May, but yet I sense a deeper calling. “I will go, Lord, if you lead me…”

Here I am Lord
By Daniel L Schutte
Chorus
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night
I will go, Lord, if you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart

Verse 1
I, the Lord of sea and sky
I have heard my people cry
All who dwell in dark and sin
My hand will save

Verse 2
I, who made the stars of night
I will make their darkness bright
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Verse 3
I, the Lord of snow and rain
I have borne my people’s pain
I have wept for love of them
They turn away

Verse 4
I will break their hearts of stone
Give them hearts for love alone
I will speak my words to them
Whom shall I send?

Verse 5
I, the Lord of wind and flame
I will send the poor and lame
I will set a feast for them
My hand will save

Verse 6
Finest bread I will provide
'Til their hearts be satisfied
I will give my life to them
Whom shall I send?


Fear overwhelmed my heart. ‘What ifs’ surfaced. I recalled the clench in my parents’ face when I mentioned the possibility of missions to Cambodia. What will my grandparents think? What will my future wife think? What will her parents think? The questions and fears are endless. Yet, looking into the setting sun, joy and reassurance conquered the fears. “Finest bread I will provide, ‘til their hearts be satisfied. I will give my life to them, whom shall I send?”

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?

No comments: