Tuesday, February 8

A Cold Evening on Cerro Azul

I cannot believe I just admitted I'm cold, in Panama.  But last night, on the top bunk with 6 others pastors in the room, on the mountain of Cerro Azul, I was cold.  In the morning we realized we had all the windows wide opened.  Being on the top bunk, I was to lazy to climb down in the middle of the night to my suitcase to get a jacket, so I just wrapped myself in my tiny wash towel.

6 hours of sleep, but cannot complain.  It was 2 hours more than my average during my last missions trip to Thailand and Vietnam.  Praise the Lord!!!

Yesterday, dad and Simon arrived safely and spent the night on Cerro Azul before flying out to Changuinola today.  It is very exciting to be on the mission field in Panama with dad.  Pray for their safe flight and for a fruitful ministry training leaders at the church in Changuinola.


Also yesterday, 116 teens arrived a the Campamento.  This reminds me of a mini version of Teen's Conference or Vision X in Toronto.  What really blew me away was every kid sang during praise, and no drums and loud instrument required.  They sang Spanish versions of Seek Ye First, Give Thanks, and Shout to the Lord.  Pray for these teens, as about 50 of them traveled 6 hours from David and 10 of them traveled 8 hours from Bocas del Toro just to attend this camp.  This is the next generation in the Panama church!

1 comment:

Ruben Wen said...

Hey pastor joel... ty for the pics and the video.....may I know the link for the video please.cause i want to post it on fb xD