Who would have expected this when I started ministry? And this is only exactly one year into my full-time pastoral ministry.
About to call it the night after a 15 hours work day, and have to be up 7 hours later to get ready to get back to church. Even through all this, I love my job.
At the beginning of last weekend, there was a buzz of excitement. Johnny's first Sunday Sermon - the fruits from the church discipleship and leadership training. Jenny's baptism, as well as Daniel's and two from the Chinese Congregation. This is a special baptism, not just because it was my wife's nor the senior pastor's 4th son's. But it is also because the 4 baptismal candidates are from 4 different age groups, different walks of lives, different family backgroud/situation, different struggles in life, etc. It was the most diverse set of candidates. With only one thing in common - the love of Jesus Christ.
So there was a lot of excitement and expectations for the weekend. As well as the fundraising efforts for Ride to Conquer Cancer is in full swing, for the ride was just a week away. (I've also had quite an experience from the fundraising, but that's another post.) So that's why there's a buzz of excitement.
However, while preparing for the ride, I could never image the purpose for which Jenny and I are riding for would shape my week just before the ride.
Immediately after the celebration of the baptism, came the news on Monday morning of Jim's 9 years battle with cancer is over. The church goes into scramble mode to support Jim's family.
Tuesday morning, news came from Vancouver that one of Jenny's relative's battle with cancer is also over, but we will not able to fly back to attend the funeral. Also not all news is bad, we learn that another relative in Vancouver as given birth to a girl.
Wednesday, first time meeting with a regional manager from Operation Christmas Child. For some reason she was lead to share with me her recently story. In Oct 2008, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. But as of last Friday, her battle with cancer is also over - she is now clear of her cancer.
3 days. 3 cancer related event. Is God telling me something leading up to my Ride to Conquer Cancer?
There were other issues to deal with at church that I will not spend time to disclose here. But how can I complain about long hours and stress when I can clearly see God at work? And I have front row seats.
Praise the Lord!!! I love my job.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment