Sunday, December 27

On the road to Urbana09

Today is our second day on the road to Urbana09. I cannot thank God enough for watching over us on our drive. We were blessed with wonderful weather at the beginning of the trip but as we approached Michigan City yesterday it started to blizzard and the conditions got treachous. We witnessed two cars gone off the side of the highway. The flow of traffic slowed down and we made it into Michigan City uneventfully.

The group had a great night of shopping and triple steakburgers at Steak and Shake when we came up with the ambitious idea to hit Willow Creek for Sunday Service. I knew it would be a good experience but I also know that it would be taxing to the group with another early morning start and an extra 1.5 hours of driving. However they seem eager and we went ahead with the plan.

In the morning we were pressed for time so we didn't have time to stop for breakfast but we made it to Willow at 9:10a for early Service. I was worry about the moral of the group for skipping breakfast but it seem that they were able to sleep during the ride and they were excited to experience Willow.

Compared to 3 years ago, I begin to find this Urbana experience very different. Three years ago I was merely a fellow participant at Urbana with the other 5 of us from the church. But this time I am their pastor with 19 of us in total. There's the pressure of watching over this group and maintaining their moral throughout the conference. I guess my heart can rest a little when we settle down at St. Louis. But I pray that I can set a good example for my congregation as Freda and I lead them.

The condition on the road is patchy right now. Praying for our current drivers: Gen, Joel Lau and Freda as well as other still en route to Urbana.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joel, you are doing great. We were praying for the whole team in our worship. Knowing the weather is bad around your area. Looking forward to see you via Skype. See you at 10:30 your time (11:30 Tor.) Call auntie Fenny.