Saturday, July 28

Engaged at 1685 meters above sea level!!!

Dear beloved brother and sisters,

Thank for your prayers and encouragements over the past few months. I am excited to announce that Jenny and I got engaged on July 24th, 2007.

Due to construction of the highway near sea level, Jenny and I were forced to attempt a more difficult ascent up the mountain. Jenny and I spent seven hours hiking up Brunswick Mountain. The hike was grueling; we passed through the land of giant slugs, swamps of flying insects, and we spent the last 200m ascent on our hands and knees scrambling up a rock slide. At times it was discouraging due to the cloud covers on the majority of the climb and the difficulty of the ascent. I had thoughts of postponing the proposing due to the conditions but I knew you were all praying for me so I turned to God’s leading. And praise the Lord as we summit Brunswick Mountain we were greeted with clear blue sky. The sky cleared the moment we reached to top and I took the cue from the Lord. We were treated with the majestic view of the coastal mountains north of Vancouver.

I told Jenny that I want God's majestic creation to witness this occasion and at that I got down on my knees and proposed. Jenny managed to whisper a “yes” and the rest is history. :-)

Thank again for all your prayers and for allowing me to share this wonderful chapter of my life with you all. Feel free to bombard me with more questions when I am back in Toronto with Jenny in a few weeks.


Blessings,

Joel & Jenny

No comments: